About the College
The College for Congregational Development is a comprehensive training program that originated in the Diocese of Olympia in Western Washington. It seeks to nurture and develop congregational development practitioners from within existing parish lay and clergy leadership.
Visit the CCD website to learn more.
The College’s aims are:
- Healthy, faithful, sustainable congregations fulfilling their calling to be the Body of Christ in a particular place and time and among a particular people.
- Congregations that are grounded in a robust identity rooted in an Anglican ethos and spirituality.
- Leaders that are both self-defined and connected to their communities of faith. Leaders who are both aware of and responsive to the particular challenges and opportunities before them. Leaders who can help their faith communities engage and respond to their challenges and opportunities.
- A common language and community of practice around congregational development in the Diocese. Stronger connections among congregational leaders for the purposes of learning, community, mutual encouragement, and inspiration.
- The creation of useful training programs that can be shared freely and used by others in the broader Church.
Information on Upcoming Programs
Year A Week-Long CCD Program to be held October, 2021.
The CCD Year A week-long training will be held Sunday, October 3 through Saturday, October 9, 2021. The training will be held at the Loyola Retreat and Ecology Campus in Woodstock, Illinois. Registration for the October training is now closed. Please note: local COVID-19 health guidance and safety measures will be followed.
Weekend CCD Program
The weekend CCD training for the 2021-2022 academic year has been cancelled. It is our hope to begin to offer this program once again in 2022. Please stay tuned to e-news updates for more information, or contact Louisa McKellaston.
The CCD weekend program is a series of four weekends spread throughout the year will be equivalent to the week-long residential training. The weekend series is a great opportunity for lay teams, along with their clergy, to take the CCD training. Lay teams may take the training on their own if their clergy have participated in the week-long session.