About the College
The College for Congregational Development is a comprehensive training program that originated in the Diocese of Olympia in Western Washington. It seeks to nurture and develop congregational development practitioners from within existing parish lay and clergy leadership.
Visit the CCD website to learn more.
The College’s aims are:
- Healthy, faithful, sustainable congregations fulfilling their calling to be the Body of Christ in a particular place and time and among a particular people.
- Congregations that are grounded in a robust identity rooted in an Anglican ethos and spirituality.
- Leaders that are both self-defined and connected to their communities of faith. Leaders who are both aware of and responsive to the particular challenges and opportunities before them. Leaders who can help their faith communities engage and respond to their challenges and opportunities.
- A common language and community of practice around congregational development in the Diocese. Stronger connections among congregational leaders for the purposes of learning, community, mutual encouragement, and inspiration.
- The creation of useful training programs that can be shared freely and used by others in the broader Church.
Make Up Session for May 2020 Date
The final weekend of the 2019-2020 Year B program has been postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The new make up date for participants in that program is Friday, September 11-Saturday, September 12, 2020. This is only for those currently enrolled in the Year B program.
Information on Upcoming Programs
Beginning in 2021, there will be weekend training sessions for Year A of the College. The series of four weekends spread throughout the year will be equivalent to the summer week-long residential training. The weekend series is a great opportunity for lay teams, along with their clergy, to take the CCD training. Lay teams may take the training on their own if their clergy have participated in the week-long summer session.
Participants must commit to attending all four seminars to receive credit for the Year A program. Registration information will be available when the dates have been determined, taking into consideration safety standards during the pandemic.
The training will be held at St. James Commons. More information and registration to come. Please contact Andrea Mysen with questions.
Summer 2020 Training-Postponed to Summer 2021
In the interest of keeping everyone safe and healthy during the Covid-19 Pandemic, the CCD Year A training, scheduled for July 26-August 1, has been postponed and will be res-scheduled for June 20-26 of 2021. The training will be held at the Loyola Retreat and Ecology Campus in Woodstock, Illinois. Registration for Summer, 2021 program to come soon.