About the College
The College for Congregational Development is a comprehensive training program that originated in the Diocese of Olympia in Western Washington. It seeks to nurture and develop congregational development practitioners from within existing parish lay and clergy leadership.
Visit the CCD website to learn more.
The College’s aims are:
- Healthy, faithful, sustainable congregations fulfilling their calling to be the Body of Christ in a particular place and time and among a particular people.
- Congregations that are grounded in a robust identity rooted in an Anglican ethos and spirituality.
- Leaders that are both self-defined and connected to their communities of faith. Leaders who are both aware of and responsive to the particular challenges and opportunities before them. Leaders who can help their faith communities engage and respond to their challenges and opportunities.
- A common language and community of practice around congregational development in the Diocese. Stronger connections among congregational leaders for the purposes of learning, community, mutual encouragement, and inspiration.
- The creation of useful training programs that can be shared freely and used by others in the broader Church.
Register Now for 2019-2020 Programs
In the Fall of 2019, CCD Weekends will be offered for Year B. The series of four weekends spread throughout the 2019-2020 program year will be equivalent to the summer week-long residential training. Year A is not required prior to taking Year B. The weekend series is a great opportunity for lay teams, along with their clergy, to take the CCD training. Lay teams may take the training on their own if their clergy have participated in the week-long summer session.
Participants must commit to attending all four seminars to receive credit for the Year B program. The dates are:
September 20-21, 2019
December 6-7, 2019
February 21-22, 2020
May 1-2, 2020
Registration for the Weekend Program is now closed.
The training will be held at St. James Commons. More information and registration to come. Please contact Andrea Mysen with questions.
Summer 2020 Training
In the summer of 2020 we will offer a week-long Year A training. The training will be held at the Loyola University Retreat and Ecology Campus in Woodstock, Illinois. The dates for this training are July 26-August 1, 2020. It is expected that congregations will participate in clergy/lay teams.
The cost for the training is $800/person. Scholarships are available to members of congregations located in the Diocese of Chicago only. We strongly encourage congregations to send teams to this training so that it might be most effective in your local congregation. Scholarships are available, the current maximum scholarship is $400/student and must be approved by the director of the College.