EYE is the Episcopal Youth Event and is the single greatest event the Episcopal Church does. It is around 2000 people (high school students, their adult mentors, and bishops from around the church) who all stay on a college campus in a great location and learn, laugh, and serve.
Time is spent in worship (amazing, awesome and very memorable worship), large group presentations, small group discussions, workshops on a variety of topics (youth select the workshops they wish to attend), and a lot of time hanging out and meeting people from around the world. Click here to see Bishop Curry’s sermon from the opening Eucharist of 2017.
For some teenagers, EYE20 will change their lives and their church engagement forever. However, not every teenager is ready for group travel and an event the magnitude of EYE20. EYE20 programs focus on helping develop leadership skills, spiritual practices, and early stages of vocational discernment. Some teenagers may not be prepared for the stresses involved with travel and large scale interactions in unfamiliar places.
EYE20 will be at the University of Maryland, College Park, July 7-11, 2020. We will be flying as a group from Chicago to DC.
Participants must have turned 15 or no older than 19 by the event start. Current freshman who are 14 will have an opportunity to attend EYE2023 as the Episcopal Youth Event is on a three-year cycle.
- When: July 7-11, 2020
- Where: University of Maryland, College Park
- Who: Students in grades 9-12 of the 2019-2020 school year
- Cost: $500. Scholarships are available. Contact Chad Senuta for more details
- How to Register: Apply online by March 13, 2020. (Space is limited, so EYE may fill up by this date.)
- How to help promote: Print and share this flyer with youth and families at your church.
- For more information on EYE: https://events.episcopalchurch.org/EYE