In November of 2021, the Vitality Grants Committee of the Congregations Commission awarded $305,000 to 18 congregations from across the diocese. Annual vitality grants support congregational health and vitality, with the majority of funding coming from the diocesan Bishop and Trustees, which holds title to and oversees the real property used by the missions of the diocese.
The 2022 grant cycle, conducted in November 2021, was the third to be completed under the guidance of a Vitality Grants Committee appointed with an eye to broadening the perspectives and criteria by which grant applications are evaluated. This year the Grants Committee includes representatives from the Hispanic Affairs Committee, the Antiracism Commission, Bishop and Trustees, Diocesan Council, and the Congregations Commission Oversight Team.
The 2022 Vitality Grants have been awarded to:
- Church of the Holy Nativity, Chicago $10,000
- Church of the Redeemer, Elgin $5,000
- Cristo Rey, Chicago $22,500
- Good Shepherd, Macomb $25,000
- Grace, Galesburg $5,000
- Grace, New Lenox $5,000
- Messiah St. Bartholomew, Chicago $25,000
- Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, Waukegan $15,000
- Nuestra Señora de las Américas, Chicago $10,000
- One in Christ, Prospect Heights $22,500
- Sagrada Familia, Lake Villa $22,500
- Santa Teresa, Chicago $20,000
- Sts. George and Matthias, Chicago $25,000
- St. Margaret of Scotland, Chicago $10,000
- St. Martin’s, Chicago $22,500
- St. Michael & All Angels, Berwyn $20,000
- St. Paul’s, McHenry $20,000
- St. Thomas, Chicago $20,000
For more information, contact Andrea Mysen.